The tax facts and strategies that every small business owner needs to know for their 2020 tax return and year-round planning
Owning a small business is a big responsibility. While all small business owners seek to improve their bottom line, few realize all the ways that both current and new tax laws can help them do so. With J.K. Lasser's Small Business Taxes 2021 you'll quickly discover how.
Written in a straightforward and accessible style, this reliable resource offers a complete overview of small business tax planning and provides you with the information needed to make tax-smart decisions throughout the year. Focusing on strategies that help you use deductions and tax credits effectively, shield business income, and maximize other aspects of small business taxes, this practical guide will show you how your actions in business today can affect your bottom line from a tax perspective tomorrow. It also shows COVID-19-related refund opportunities to improve your cash flow.
In this fully updated volume, you'll find:
- Detailed coverage of the newest tax laws, court decisions, and IRS rulings
- Planning strategies that can help you run a tax-smart business all year long
- Comprehensive information on each available write-off, such as the QBI deduction, as well as dollar limits and record-keeping requirements
- Clear instructions on where to report income and claim deductions and credits on your tax forms
- Guidance on tax implications for PPP loans, opening or closing a business, running a sideline activity or multiple businesses, and succession planning
- Help with state taxes and a guide to information returns you may need to file
- Sample forms and checklists to help you prepare for tax time
Additional Course Details
- Filed of Study: Taxation
- Author: Barbara Weltman
- Publisher: John Wiley
- Course Level: Basic & Intermediate
- Pre-Requisites: None
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: