The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) sets the Generally Accepted Auditing Standards or GAAS under which U. S. audits are conducted in the United States. Auditors must comply with and understand every aspect of GAAS in order to comply with AICPA standards. As a result, it is crucial for CPAs to be up-to-date on all applicable guidelines, rules, and regulations.
Wiley Practitioner’s Guide to GAAS 2022 delivers a thorough description and analysis of not only auditing standards – SASs, but also SSAEs, SSARSs, and the Interpretations necessary to fully understand all the latest professional standards. The guide offers the most recent revisions to the standards, including those on:
- Audit reports,
- ERISA audits,
- SSAE direct examination engagements, and
- Practitioner’s review reports.
The Guide explains the standards clearly and accurately, providing explicit information on how to conduct your engagements efficiently, effectively, and properly—all in one resource.
In addition, Wiley Practitioner’s Guide to GAAS 2022 provides readers with:
- Practical direction on the steps necessary to help you comply with GAAS
- Comprehensive guidance on the entire auditing process, from start to finish
- Explanations of all attestation and review, compilation, and preparation standards
- A glossary of relevant terminology for each subject
A crucial resource for accountants and auditors who are looking for a comprehensive explanation of the information used on a daily basis, Wiley Practitioner’s Guide to GAAS 2022 is an invaluable resource written to save you time and simplify your compliance with professional standards.