Introduction to Microsoft Access
Author: David H. Ringstrom
|CPE Credit:||4 hours for CPAs|
In this 4 hour presentation David Ringstrom, CPA will walk you through building your first database in Microsoft Access.
Many Excel users often shy away from Access, but you'll see that Access is not only approachable, but easier than you think to use. This presentation is designed for Excel users seeking a comfort level with Microsoft Access. David starts out by showing how to easily migrate data back and forth between Access and Excel, and then he builds a simple timekeeping database from scratch. This gives you firsthand experience with tables, queries, forms, and reports. The session closes out with an exercise involving importing a series of text files to give you experience with relating tables of data together, as well as exposure to working with SQL statements.
Publication Date: July 2014
- See the key differences between Access and Excel
- Easily move data between Excel worksheets and Access tables
- Learn how to create tables in an Access database
- Explore the different types of data that can be stored within an Access table.
- Design queries to return exactly the data that you're seeking
- Use DLOOKUP to return data from a query or table
- Create a simple report in Access based on results of a query.
- Learn the importance of the Compact and Repair feature in Access.
- Deconstruct a SQL statement, and learn how to tweak SQL statements with the TOP and DISTINCT keywords.
- Distinguish between Access tables and Excel worksheets
- Recognize how to build a complete and functional Access database that you can adapt to other uses.
NASBA Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications (4 hours)
Additional Course Details
- Filed of Study: Computer Software & Applications
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer
- Course Level: Basic
- Pre-Requisites: None
- Enrolled Agent: No
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: