||2 hours for CPAs
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, federal legislation was enacted to address financial stability and liquidity issues, in part, through various, and mostly temporary, federal tax law changes. Several of the temporary changes suspend or alter some of the provisions from the TCJA. Knowing how these federal tax law changes impact your clients and your business is crucial.
In this course, we will cover federal tax legislation, including the CARES Act, related IRS guidance, and other IRS procedural considerations during the pandemic. We will also address specific state responses, including those that confirm federal changes that “flow through” to state taxes, or specific state measures to address the crisis.
Join Hodgson Russ LLP for a seven week Tax Series covering the most important New York State Tax Issues of 2020. Hodgson Russ’s experienced tax attorneys will provide insight into some of the most critical tax issues today, including what’s happening in state tax after the Wayfair decision, the impact of the COVID-19 and TCJA, New York State law changes and residency hot topics. To register for the entire seven week webinar series, please click here.
Publication Date: May 2020
CPAs and attorneys looking to advise their business clients with up-to-date information; individuals with payroll and personnel responsibilities in their companies.
- Federal and state tax law changes impacting individuals & businesses
- IRS procedural considerations during the pandemic
- New York procedural considerations during the pandemic
- Recognize and apply a practical understanding of the federal tax law changes enacted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify how the federal and state tax law changes impact your clients and your business
- Identify IRS procedural considerations related to IRS operations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify state-specific tax considerations that may impact individuals and businesses
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation