Author: Annette Nellen
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
This course will provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. In addition, this course will cover federal developments, key state, and multistate issues likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register once a quarter to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a stronger foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Publication Date: April 2020
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Coronavirus Pandemic Tax Changes
- IRS Updates 2019 Form 1065 Instructions (3/12/20)
- Amending Partnership Returns — Rev. Proc. 2020-23 (4/8/20)
- TIGTA Report on Marijuana Industry Noncompliance (3/30/20)
- New LB&I Campaign on Research Issues (Feb. 2020)
- IRS Info on Plan Terminations and Failure to Timely Distribute Assets (3/3/20)
- IRS Reconsidering Old Rulings on 10-year Limitations Period for Certain FTC Carrybacks — Rev. Rul. 2020-8 (4/17/20)
- Some Countries Clarify Residency Status in Light of Coronavirus
- OECD Recommendations on COVID-19 Implications for Cross-Border Workers
- What About Aliens Unable to Leave US?
- Practice and Procedure:
- IRS Tax Scams/Consumer Alerts Website
- Examples of Scams Directed to Tax Professionals
- Federal Tax Regulations
- IRS Information on §501(c)(4) Homeowners' Associations
- TE/GE FY19 Accomplishments Letter
- Interesting Reports
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
- Identify new filing dates
- Identify one of the tax credits as it relates to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Describe correct statements regarding regarding emergency EIDL grants
- Describe correct statements regarding changes in the special rules for use of retirement funds
- Describe correct statements regarding the Employee Retention Credit for Employers Subject to Closure Due To COVID-19
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.