Author: Robert K Minniti
||1 hour for CPAs
With the onset of the COVID-19 virus and the shutdown of the worldwide economy what new risks exist for businesses? The criminals came up with new scams within days of the virus outbreak. Join Dr. Robert Minniti as he reveals how criminals are trying to take advantage of the virus to line their pockets with ill-gotten gains. What cybersecurity measures should companies be using to protect their IT infrastructure and data when employees are working from home and can’t come into the office?
This course is designed to familiarize participants who are not IT experts on cybersecurity risks and internal controls. We will cover the material in a plain language, nontechnical manner. We will cover what you need to know, but not how to write the computer programs or code.
Publication Date: March 2020
CPAs, CFEs, CMA, CIAs, CFFs, MAFF, CGMAs, CFOs, CEOs, business owners, business managers, internal auditors, external auditors, corporate accountants, government accountants and risk management personnel.
- Cybersecurity risks
- COVID-19 Cybersecurity Threats
- Cybersecurity Internal Controls
- Identify new cyber fraud threats related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify internal controls to protect a company when employees work from home
- Differentiate scams that have appeared designed to track the spread of COVID-19 virus
- Describe cybercrime and how it occurs
- Recognize how Critical Security Control for Effective Cyber Defense relates to controlled use of administrative privileges
NASBA Field of Study
Information Technology (1 hour)